The Operation Process of Soil Nail in Sinorock
Soil nail is a kind of supporting technology in geotechnical engineering. It drills surrounding rocks with a certain distance, direction and depth, then it is put into the drill hole and at last, grouting and fixing are carried on. Soil nail has the effect of binding, combining and reinforcing surrounding rocks. It helps to improve rocks’ self-intensity and self-stability, lighten self-gravity, ensure safety and stability of projects.
Sinorock is a professional manufacturer of researching and developing soil nail. To provide technical guidance for customers, our company makes a systematic and detailed introduction of operation process of soil nail.
(1) Before drilling, workers should fix a position and make a mark according to design requirements and stratum conditions.
(2) The working place should be flat, solid and have drainage ditch.
(3) Before drilling machine starting working, it should keep stable. The guide rod or vertical shaft should keep correspondence with the dip angle of soil nail and stay at the same axis.
(4) The equipment of drilling can adopt special anchor drilling machine or geological drilling rig according to stratum conditions.
(5) To coordinate with drilling, short casing pipes should be prepared sufficiently, such as 0.5-1.0 meter casing pipes.
(6) During the process of drilling, workers should know drilling parameters and drilling speed well, avoiding the appearance of burying bolt or stuck bolt. Once accident occurs, salvage equipment is necessary.
(7) After drilling, clean water should be used to wash the bottom of soil nail until clean water returns out of the orifices.
2. Assembling and Settling
(1) Putting soil nail at the center of drill hole and settling isolating tray on the bolt.
(2) The rust on soil nail should be cleaned and the free segments should be packed by plastic pipes or cloth.
(3) Preventing the distortion or bend of soil nail. Grouting pipe should be put into hole with soil nail and about 50-100 millimeters to the bottom of hole.
(1) The materials of grouting should be correspond with design acquirement, generally choosing cement and certain proportion. Adding certain admixtures if it is necessary.
(2) The seriflux should be mixed uniformly and then sifted. Keeping the grouting pipes unblocked.
(3) Common pressure grouting adopts mortar pump to transport seriflux into the bottom of soil nail and then from bottom to orifice. Stopping grouting until seriflux spilling out orifice.
(4) Keep the mouth of pipe always under the surface of seriflux.
(5) Pay attention that rebar is in the hole when pulling out casing pipes.
(6) After grouting, the rebar outside should be cleaned and protected.
4. Stretching and Locking.
(1) Installing middle beam and ensuring every segments straight. The space between middle beam and barricade should be clingy.
(2) Bring single-stage loading before stretching and make the data accurate.
(3) The stretching and locking work should adopt standard anchoring machines.